February 22, 2009

Your Eyes

Your eyes are speaking to me; speaking messages that belie the falsities in your words. Here you stand before me with a smile plastered across your face. Do you think I miss the frown in your eyes, the pain pouring through the mixed brown and green? “I see you,” I want to scream it! “I see the words your eyes are saying and I am ignoring the empty movements of your mouth. Don’t you know that I see you?” But no, your smile never slips an inch and your eyes never stop their pleading. If only...if only –what? If only you would be honest with me, with yourself? If only you would stop hiding and accept healing, accept truth? But, just as your lips are pouring out phrases of nothingness, so my words would fall on deaf ears. So I will sit here quietly -imploring you with messages in my own eyes; hoping that one day soon you will speak from your eyes rather than from your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment